Just what do school counselors do and how can they help your student?
The mission of our counseling program is to provide a developmentally appropriate, multi-tiered, proactive, and responsive program that creates a safe, welcoming, and caring environment for our students. We help support social-emotional, academic, and career growth. Counselors advocate for equity and access to maximize the full potential of every student.
Through collaboration with our school community, we hope to provide a program that supports our students both now and beyond their elementary years as they grow into productive, empathetic citizens. Our counselors are able to help students and families with a variety of needs.
All school counselors:
- Counsel students individually or in group settings.
- Counsel students on career planning and goals.
- Develop a guidance plan based on campus needs.
- Respond to student needs in crisis situations.
- Orient students to new school settings.
- Work with absentees and at-risk students.
- Refer students to special programs and/or services when necessary.
- Conduct conferences with parents and teachers.
- Analyze test results to provide information about abilities and achievement.
School counselors also perform additional duties and are always available to assist students and families in a variety of ways. Please feel free to contact your student’s counselor today to find out how they can best assist your student in their educational needs.