The start of the 2021-22 school year is right around the corner. Here is all the information you will need about bell schedules, late start days and the first day of school.
Start and end times
This year all SKPS schools will have a new bell schedule for the 2021-22 school year.
Elementary schools will start at 7:50 a.m. and end at 2:20 p.m., with the exception of six schools listed below:
- Brush College 9:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- EDGE Elementary 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Hammond 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Hoover 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Lamb 9:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Lee 9:15 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Late start on Wednesdays
This year, all SKPS schools will have a late start day on Wednesdays. This means that the school start time will be one hour later than normal. Dismissal time will remain at the normal time.
For example, if school is regularly scheduled to begin at 7:50 a.m. and release at 2:20 p.m., it will still be released at 2:20 p.m. on Wednesday; however, school will not begin until 8:50 a.m.
A late start day allows school staff a regular time for collaboration and planning in order to better support our students.
All bus transportation pick-up times will also be shifted one hour late on Wednesdays, with limited exceptions. Exceptions to this will be contacted directly for bus stop time adjustments. Drop-off times for all buses will remain at the normal time.
First days of school
The first day of school for kindergarten will be on a “transition day.” This allows students to get familiar with their classroom in a smaller setting before everyone is together.
- Kindergarten students with the last name starting with A-L will start their first day on Sept 13. They will then come back for regular instruction on Sept. 15, which also happens to be a late start day.
- Kindergarten students with the last name starting with M-Z will start their first day on Sept. 14. They will then come back for regular instruction on Sept 15, which also happens to be a late start day.
The first day of school for grades 1-5 will be on Sept. 8. This is also a late start day, which means the school will start an hour later than normal.
If you have any additional questions regarding bell times, late start or the first day of school, please reach out to your student’s school.